Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Winner, winner, Chicken Dinner

Tues night Crit was great last night. Christopher and I made a point to jam out in the back of the pack. It took some disapline, but we stayed back for about 10 min. Thats about half of the race for the C's. Wild Trax has a huge showing last night. There were about 6 or 7 guys, all at the front for most of the race. There were a few breaks early in the ride, none stuck, and no one chased. Eventually 4 WT guys jumped and it was on. I saw Christopher make a move on the hill, so I responded. We made it up to the break group, and sat in. I pulled for a few minuites, and so did some others. It was hard to get people to pull through. Christopher got hung out to dry on the front, he must have pulled for 3 or 4 laps before I moved from the back of the line to the front to give him a break. He pulled some more, but got no help. When the WT riders pulled through, the put a pretty good acceleration on, and really gave me a run for my $$. That was with three to go coming up the hill. On the last lap, I was 3rd, behind 2 WT riders, I was able to split them up, by moving into 2nd position. I latched onto a wheel up the hill, and he hit the gas into the finish. Rolling to the line, I clicked down 2 gears, and got out of the saddle. I went a little wide on the finish, but what ever.

1 comment:

Boz said...

I knew it was only a matter of time. Congratulations! You took advantage of the racing conditions and put yourself in the right place at the right time. Two men in a break and they let you on their 2nd wheel is a bad mistake I'll bet they don't make again. Way to go!