Friday, June 27, 2008

Dirt Crit


I was on the fence about this until I read about the course for last night. NICE! I was familier with it, and knew that speed would be king. Now, what race should I do? Ill go with the big dogs. I lined up and hammered off of the line. Locked up the rear wheel in a ROK moment into the first turn. Almost laid the bike down at that point. I was 10th or 11th in the woods, and made some moves early. I spent most of the race alone, going anerobic, witht he pedal to the metal. With two laps ot go, I see Tom Albert getting close. I know he has the sand to bury me in a second. Once over the bridge, I lay it all down. For real, I gave it everything to stay infront of him, but came up short. I came across in 7th.

Last night was a great example of the growing MTB scene mere in STL. What a friggen blast it is to go out and hammer with friends, and then talk bikes, drink beer, and take in the good life. I dont know why, but last night seemed like a turning point for me, regarding cycling. Racing has changed me, for the better, and I am happy to have discovered it. I was talking to an old friend, Steven. We used to climb together, and work at the climbing gym together. He has gotten into racing receintly also. We were talking about how climbing has taken the back burner. More like been pushed to the back burner. I used to reject this, but I am not bothered by it much anymore. I still love climbing, and what it represents, but there are some huge differences. Bike racing is somthing that I am committing to, and holding my self accountable to on a daily basis. I desire to have somthing to be passionate about, to take my mind off of work at the end of the day. Life is good, Life is Great

No comments: