Thursday, June 5, 2008

Dos Niner




Things have been going really well at work, and getting a new bike has been a short term goal of mine. I have had the stumpjumer since May 2006. I have made some upgrades and changes to the bike. But, I think it is about time for an addition to the stable. I like how the hardtail feels, it has done me well. I have little perspective to compare to. Every MTB I have ever owned has been a HT. This season in particular has been rough on the lower back. That coupled with the longing to do some long rides on the OT make me feel like I need something with a suspension. I am a pretty simple guy when it comes to bikes. That is why the Dos appeals to me. I considered a few other options, but this bike just looks rad. I am going to add the Mavic wheelset, so I can go tubeless. That should be a good ride. My 29er experience is limited to my redline SS. That thing is heavy, and feels sluggish in the turns, but it really gets the job done. I can rip some trails faster on that than the stumpie. I am super excited to put this thing through its paces. The first ride will be a pre-ride of Landal, followed by an XC race there on Sunday.

I feel good about this weekend. Racing has gotten kind of addicting for me. The first five minuites of a race leave me jacked up on addrinaline. I dont know if others feel the same, but I can just feel that energy. When you hear the word go, and everyone is close together, jockying for position. It is a raw, intense experience. The legs are tired from Tues still. I have heard nothing but good things about Landal. Its should be a great race. I am ready to Represent Mesa on the west side of the state.

2 comments:

Boz said...

Nice ride and the little bit of sus' will ease the back pain. get the mavic mp3 plan when you buy the wheels. they replaced my trashed out rim when I blew the tire off at c'wood and never asked a question. I am planning to race at landahl as well.

Living a Lie said...

Landal looks like a great time Ill see you there