Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Crit+

Rode to the Crit last night from Kirkwood. I used the Grants trail to go south. This was a nice warm up. There was quite a crowed that hd gathered for the C race. Not sure how many. Christopher moved up fast, and I followed. It wasnt long (6min?) before we were off the front with the usual suspects from wild Trax and a solo rider. This group of 5 blasted the front off of the pack. No one bridged the gap that we formed. The pace was pretty fast, but I didnt get an AVG. I put some work in up front, alternating with Christopher, and the solo rider. The others put in enough to say they saw the front. Christopher must have pulled for the last 8 minuites leading up to the bell lap. Sick rip BRA!! WT riders were in front coming up the hill, with the solo rider coming up on the left. I tried to jump his wheel, but hesetated 1/2 second to long. I had half a wheel coming around the corner, but could barley match the acceleration. I finished 4th, about 2 lengths from the group. I downed some calories, and put the lights on for an easy spin home. 43 miles in all. Nice.

No comments: