Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thompson

Took the stumpjumper out to C wood last night. The bike felt wierd from a set up stand point, from the different cockpit. I got onto the rollercoaster for the first lap. Into the last section, where I consider you can pull the most G's, my seat comes off of the post. I racked myself sooooo bad. just walk it off son. the right ball took most of the force, but from the look of the post, it could have been alot worse. I consider myself lucky. Its funny because I was reading the thompson website the other day and thinking about how often a post breaks. That seems to be their main advantage next to wait, the bend not break advantage. Now I fully understand what they are talking about. It dosent just happen to DHers and freeriders. I will be hooking up a thompson post to replace the broken one. Walking and spinning easy back to the car always makes me feel like a poser. Maybe I am you say? What ever. Here are some pics of the damage, and the stumpie. Still a great bike. I need to do somthing about the heavy ass kore stem and bars. I could easly lose a pound doing that.









a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh6EaimQyWvrD2-8KRaLpNSCqqaySMB0W82oupPUbSUdmXETukX3MT31KHp3h2kyaUX9Euzo78L2Wma8NZwu_NPScXc74RI7I-JQu3K5NkcxPNSRLMVIPHDq4QJ26-EJJwCdZSjoN0c/s1600-h/DSCN0154.JPG">


I picked up some bontrager tires yester day from TK at ghissallo. They are tubless ready, but seem to have a better sidewall than the pythons. Word on the street is that the Lalonde brothers run these in WI. The tred looks like it is made for some dry conditions. It should be a good fast ride. Trail conditions sound like it is gravel and chert on the trail. a good fast tire sounds like the hook. 715 grams for those that care. I dont know how that compares, but we will see. I am going to set them up tonight and run them this weekend. I dont know much about the tubless tire set up, but evidently since there are no UST 29er tires out there, this is the next best thing.




<

1 comment:

Davey B said...

HOW DID IT GO THIS WEEKEND!