Monday, July 28, 2008

C-bluff

Scott "Mr. Clean" Piepert, "Taco" Christopher Connely and myself headed down to the intersection of DD and 32 on Sunday morning. The legs were incredibly stiff from a 5k that I did on Sat. Morning. It was to benefit Easter Seals, and was held in Forest Park. I am not a runner, but I cracked off a 5k in 21:12. The rest of the day was spent on the couch, in the horizontal position. I got up only to drink a delicous Dutch lager, and pack for the trip. Anyways, back to Sunday. We planned to ride a lake loop, and headed that way. At the lake loop connector, we dropped packs, and geared up with the bare essentials. The lake loop is in awesome shape. I found myself being hypnotized by the sound of gravel crushing beneath the tires. Things were really coming together, carving corners, and lots of momentum. We did a CCW direction, my personal favorite for that trail. After that, we headed back to the car. The heat had taken a toll. Terrific conditions down there, even with an inch of rain the day before, you cant even tell. I will be going down there again soon. Still on the tick list is the middle fork loop, and a recon trip on the north or south trace creek. These excellent trails are just too close to ignore any longer. Pic will follow.

No comments: