Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tuesday Crit

I showed up early to the Tuesday night Crit to get some spinning in before the C race. I rode for about an hour, but was interrupted buy brief hail, and about ten minuets of rain. that made the pavement super wet for the B race, not sure if the A race was cut short. Anyways, I lined up, feeling pretty loose, a little chill due to the wet clothing. Just like last week, I did alot of work upfront, and closed two gaps. One gap was small, but the other took several laps and some team work to close. I tried as best I could to chill in the back, but the wet pavement was sucking my confidence in my tires and others. Overall, the the pack did a good job of holding their line, and being safe. I was very apprehensive about the conditions, but am happy that I participated. At the beginning of the final 3 laps, I had great position in the middle of the pack. I moved up to the front 10 or so over the next lap, and got ready to drop the hammer on the last lap. I got out in front, but did not have a great response from the legs at the hill, even when I got out of the saddle. I finished pretty much at the back of the pack by the time I crossed the line.

1 comment:

Boz said...

That C race must be loaded with some major 'baggers. Keep riding the circles and learning, you'll be schooling soon enough.