Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Still no win...but an awsome night!

I did the Tues crit last night. I tried to spend a little more time in the back, which I did for about 4 laps. I then decided to do some work up front, and found my self in a solo break off of the pack. This lasted 2 full laps, before I was caught. Time to recover. I reeled it in and began to move up with 3 to go. There was a break on the last lap from wild trax (those guys are a strong group on and off road!!) I gave chase with one in tow. At the beginning of the hill, I cracked and was popped off of the chasing wild trax rider. Christopher cranked by me, sorry for no lead out, I am not Julian Dean. Within the last corner and final straight away he closed a tremendous amount of ground. Again, I was passed my most of the pack before the line. My legs were somewhat flat from this weekend, but still felt strong. Its all about the strategy. Ill get it dialed, and hopefully will be able to put something together this summer that will represent a win. Also, I saw MJs new SL2. That thing is sick! WOW Afterwards, MJ invited me to indulge in BBQ and HOPSLAM at his home. What a great ending for the evening. Truly wonderful. Hopslam is an IPA, which is defiantly a noble brew. This particular beer is probably one of the better IPAs I have ever had. The experience was tempered with great people, and a toasty fire. Simply amazing!

No comments: