Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Brisk ride

Yesterday, the roomie and I went on a 39 mile ride at a brisk pace. Tim is riding a r1000 that has tri gearing on it. He really likes to push the big meat, hence the 18.5 avg for the ride. The legs felt good, maybe a little flat. We did a nice loop going past c-wood, and up st. Paul. The hills on this section are moderate relative to other wildwood hills. I experienced a slight burning sensation, though nothing major. We took our ride through streaker valley, and shiesterfield valley. The ride was topped off with a cruise down Conway to mason. GOOD STUFF.

I hope to ride the Tuesday night Crit tonight, this will be weather dependent of course. Evidently we picked up over an inch of rain in a 24 hour period this past weekend. Looks to be more on tap for the week. GREAT. This weather pattern is really effecting the consistency of my riding. I could be supplementing with some cross training in the basement, but who wants to do that this time of year? ohh well, if I can squeeze in a few more base rides before Friday, I will be happy. Then it is a few rest days until the WORS race.

No comments: