Thursday, May 1, 2008

C-wood

I took the stumpie out to C-wood early this morning. It was AWESOME. I have begun to prepare for the race on the 10th of may. I rode multiple laps in each direction. The grotepeter is in pristine condition. as I mentioned yesterday, it is super smooth. It has been several years since I have ridden the grotepeter CCW. the climbs are not as bad as I remember. There are rumors of the race going CCW on this section. I normally ride going clockwise, its good value for money. I believe that the grotepeter is the pinnacle of eastern Missouri riding. there are alot of new trails around here, but none of them come close to that bomber section from the end of the rollercoster to the bottom of the road. The contours of the trail, the loose over hard conditions, and the big ring potential defiantly make my face a little drippy. :-) Any who, it was a 1:45 ride, which felt great. Everything was clicking this morning, sunny, 60 degrees, no people, and the bike was whistling dixie. I rode past the bridge and along the river scene loop that goes around the by the beach. the beach is totally under water, and the trail is in bad shape. there is debries and deep sand along a majority of the sections. I bailed on the stinging nettle trail, and headed back to the gravy, in the high parts of the park. MTB is back baby!!!!

No comments: