Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Soggy Britches

Saturday was the Gorc workday at Greensfelder. It was going to be a wet one for sure, but I forged on. I dropped my car off at the shop, which is at the bottom of the hill on Allenton, pretty convenient. I brought the bike along to get me to the top of the hill. Secretly, I was hoping that someone (Scott) would roll along and pick me up. Exactly on time, Scott P. rolled up and let me hitch a ride to the top of the hill. At this point, the wind was terrible, but no rain had come around. We got to work right away on a re-route section, about 20 vertical feet above an old section from last year. The new design will contour more of the hillside. The rain began to fall as we were benching. We got about an hour of work in before Bryan shut it down. I wasn't going to say anything while working, but I was glad he made the decision. Scooter gave me a ride back down to my car, sparing me the decent in a raging down pour. I was pretty soaked at this point. Good news on the car, nothing wrong with the transmission. So I quickly headed back up the hill to the Muckerman shelter for some good times and free beer. I also got a look at the sweet new carbon epic. Nice.

I bailed on the Rim Wrecker race. After getting wet on Sat, I was a little less motivated to go through the motions on Sunday. It kind of sucks to miss out on an Epic, but there is plenty of time left for that. Also, not this really makes a difference, my priority race has been move up a month to April 19th. LBL Canal loop race was originally in May. This is a race I wanted to be prime for. On the up side, now there is a great race to go to in April, that is only 3 hours away.





Follow up Pic from the LV race.



2 comments:

Skeet Skeet said...

Soggy is right....

Casey Ryback said...

Which race are you talkin about - Bone Bender?