Monday, March 23, 2009

It felt really good to lay down some power in yesterdays competition. I have not raced since CX state Champ race in December, so I was felling a little rusty at the start line. I was with the pack on the flat start(nice right?) but got scared as we neared the drop in. I backed off and was pretty much last coming down the hill. I gained a few spots on the climb. By the time we came over the top of the first climb, the group had separated a bit. At that point, my heart rate was cosmic, and the grip on my legs was so bad I though I would get a bruise. I tried to hang on but was struggling to even hold a wheel. The new section of singletrack was pretty sweet in my opinion. Once it is worked in, it will be smoking fast like the roller coaster at Cwood. On the back side of the course, I worked in with some master classs expert riders I think. We had a train going until the second section of singletrack. At that point, I blew up sky high, and it took me about five minutes to recover. I was able to catch MJ's wheel at the top of the gravel climb on the second lap. I knew for sure he had an allen tool, so I bummed it and made a quick adjustment to my seat post that had slipped slightly. I was afraid to over tighten it that morning, and paid the price for that one. I rode most of the second lap with Christopher, but that train ended abruptly with a sidewall cut on the switchback before the creek. No big woop, this race was still fun as hell!!

The stumpjumper rides like a dream. I pretty much have no way of describing it, only the feeling of pleasure. I am happy with how I performed, and cant wait for more!! Bring it on, cause I bringing everything I got.

3 comments:

Casey Ryback said...

so would you say it was a "man train?"

Skeet Skeet said...

What happened to you after the race? Didnt see you anywhere. Bummer about the flat, I would have given you you a tube but I was already on my last and still had a while to go.

Unknown said...

after the race I went straight to El Maguey with some friends that came to watch. The Modelos were soo cold bra.