Thursday, December 4, 2008

Laugh hard, its a long way to the ground

Sunday was a good race for all! By far the best weather of the year for cross. The conditions made it slick on the corners, but still let the course have some speed in it. As far as layout, the course was super fast, with two extended down hill secitons going into sweeping left handers. One lead into another drop that ended in a 180 turn. Early in the race, I lost my train of thought and grabbed the brakes way to hard going into the 180 and went down pretty hard. I lost some position straightening out my bars and shifter. I tried to focus on staying steady, but took a few more spills, 4 to be exact. I kept thinking that I can still keep the momentom going and have a good race. Still the grifos held up to the conditions well. The run up was a true grind this week. Muddy, steep,unridable, and a strong cheer section made it an instant classic. I felt really good at the end of the race, but was too far from Dan williams to catch up. Ended up 15th for the day, in a smaller than normal field. I am a bit sad to see the end of the season coming up this weekend. No NAT's for me again this year, though it is against my better judgment. I am going to miss the post race scene alot too. It has been a good year for bike racing, I am glad it is a part of my life.

1 comment:

Skeet Skeet said...

Dude you killed it all cross season long. Way to ride. Are you going to state on sunday?