Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Grand Targhee

Over the weekend, I was able to get a few turns in at Grand Targhee, in WY. This ski hill is cradled on the western slop of the Tetons. On a good day, meaning sunny and no clouds, the view is like this.
This weekend was a different story. The timing was perfect. Flew into Salt lake on Friday, and was dissipointed with the amout of snow that was on the groud. The same observation on the drive into Idaho had me thinking it was going to be sub-par skiing at best. To my dismay, the next 24 hours brings a foot of snow. The downside was, that the high on Sat was about 20 degrees with a stout wind in the 20MPH range. I truly thought my hands were going to rot off at the end of the day. The wind died down Sunday, but the thermomitor only managed to rise to 6 degrees. The clouds and fog blocked the view for the whole trip. I was pulling some mad G's on the groomer sections, and paying the price with wind burn on my face. No big woop though, the snow was light and untracked. Most of the good stuff was off in the trees, so I spent most of my time there. My tech was a little rusty, but this was only ment as a tune up trip before I attach the ALP's next week. The camera was a little unrelaible due to the temps, but I managed to get a few pics.





1 comment:

Here's the key... take the ride. said...

Cool moves on the slopes man... Be safe, live hard.