Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Mo CX state champs




Wow!!! Running a little behind here, but I wanted to acknowledge the good times that were had in Herman. I did the race on Saturday, got worked, but also picked up some good intel on the course.

Sunday, was different. Super cold, but sunny. At one point, I questioned weather or not Knee Warmers were going to be the play. But, I stuck to my MANTRA: What would SVEN do? It ended up working well. The race started fast, and stayed that way. I registered late, so my starting position was pretty much last row, in a puddle of Mike Weiss's urine. Any who, I knew that I could not end the season with regret, and shame, so I laid everything that I had on the line for this race. I went down on the off camber turn section, but stayed in motion while putting the chain back on. I passed a few people, and desperately tried to stay on David Stroote's wheel. I knew he would bring the heat, so I did not want to miss that train. The stairs hurt, but there was some time to recover up top. The race ended with my butt cheeks clinched tight with a stelleto guy close behind. I had lost the war, but this battle would be mine!! Bell lap had me gripped beyond belief, but focused on no mistakes. Funny thing about that guy is we battled at the night race also. I took 8th for the day.

Sad to see the season slip away, now I have to find something constructive to do on Sundays. Off season will be super fun and rejuvenating. Congrats and thanks to all that made this a great season. My first full season of bike racing in the books has me fired up for more.

2 comments:

TeamSeagal said...

"Mike Weiss's Urine?" Genius!

You'll be at cxmas, correct? Great. see ya there. Missed you at Nat's! Imagine all the beer you could have drank!

-C. Ryback

Boz said...

You brought it hard this year, well done! Enjoy the down time and the recuperation of off-season. We'll run some build ups later in the winter. The good news is that cross season starts in roughly 9 1/2 months.