Friday, November 28, 2008

SACK River Trail



Every time I visit my Grand parents, I take a trip to Sac (sock) River. I have been riding this are for about 8 years now. There is a great network of trails that have a little something for everyone. The trails are tight and twisty, some very technical rocky areas keep you on point. The hardest part about this trail network is the sudden transitions from smoking fast, flowy sections into tight, super rocky sections. It had probably been a year since I have ridden there, and not had mud bog conditions. The trail was in buff shape. I believe the 12 hour race happened with in the last 2 months, so there was a well worn circuit, and the leaves were beat down real well. I rolled up the hill to a new section. This was an extremely well don piece of single track that flowed like SIUE, but had more rocks and roots. I would say it was similar to Landalh. Any way, this stuff ROCKED!!! The main feature is corners that are perfectly set up for carving. Unfortunately, I did not find this part until yesterday, so my Turkey day ride did not include this seciton. It was good enough to ride twice both ways though. The gravy of the area is the front of the park. A slight down hill persuasion, with jumps, and two berms at the bottom.

It looks like this trail has made it onto the 2009 MTB calander. The only other race that has ever happened here is a 12 hour race in the fall. I am looking forward to see how they tie all of this trail together for a pure XC course.

No comments: