Friday, November 7, 2008

CX Weekend

Raced at Mizzou on Sat. Not much of a turn out, especially compared to last year. With Friday being Holloween, it was tough to not enjoy some refreshments, but I held off for the prospects of better performance over the weekend. The course was 100% grass with a barrier into a short run up, and another set of barriers on the flat section at the back of the course. The course gave an advantage to those who could carve the corners efficiently. I hung with David stroote for most of the race, trading pulls with him. I took 4th out of 6 for the day, eathen Frose took the W in a great display of fitness.

Sunday was the Faust park race. I did absolutely terrible at this race last year. All I remember was a bowl area, and alot of bumps. Super awesome weather both days. We had a hooligan crew for the C and B race. I jumped in the A race and it was on. I tried my best to hang with Wes B. but he came around me super fast on the last lap. At the same time Nate lapped me. I had nothing left to respond to his move. I was able to get some rythem toward the end of the race by focusing on spinning rather than laying down big power. The course stuck pretty close to my idea of a CX course. The run up section really had me concerned about blowing up. I did not try to ride the W section. There were several high speed corners that you could dial in and barley touch the brakes on. I ended up 17th out of 31. That was a huge field for the A race. The CX fire is burning strong inside. I cannot wait until the next double header weekend.

Check out these pics of the Koppenberg race from this weekend. Agony!

4 comments:

Davey B said...

those two pics of Sven and Niels...

...that is CX!

Living a Lie said...

I think it is Sven, and Boom, coming in second. I could be wrong though. But the look on sven's face is perfect

Boz said...

Sunday, we're going to get a taste of who's willing to race when the elements aren't sunny and 72! Time to man up!

Living a Lie said...

truly pissed......just trying to keep the dog fed and the lights on