Monday, November 24, 2008

CX two banger


Bubba in the dark was COLD! I was in the back for the start. THe start was typical STL drag race style. The long paved strait away into the sweeping left hander was superb for a start. The finish was also a paved seciton with a fast corner. I thought the course was great! The corners were set up for speed. I moved up quick and played defense for most of the night. I was running scared from a few people behind me that had formed a nice group, and trying to catch David. I never caught David, but was able to hold on to 20th place for the night. The flyover was rad. I tried to do the super pro cool down spin after the race, but only made it about 3 minuites before I got cold, and turned around. It took me two hours to warm back up again.


Sunday seemd very bumpy compaired to Saturday. Maybe the back was tight from the night before, but it really wore me down. There was a good race going on in the back of the field today. I made my move early, too early, and lost it all plus some in the end. The last 2 laps were pure survival mode for me. Not sure how I ended up, but it was close to last. There are some fast dudes moving up to the A race, which makes it fun in the back. Better than riding solo for an hour.


4 comments:

Casey Ryback said...

dude, it was tons of fun screaming at you. You had an exciting race going!

Matt Schweiker said...

Sweet Mesa flyover pic. Yea, Sunday was wicked bumpy. Like a butt punch.

Skeet Skeet said...

Nice ride both days.. You and chris are killing me all of this sudden. Bumpy is right, the inside of my bibs where bloody... ewww, gross.

Boz said...

Way to man up and rock the A's. Tough conditions for a back to back, but way to represent. We're heading to the secret training grounds this weekend. I expect big things from you.