Friday, August 1, 2008

Thurs.

I would have thought for sure that the short track race was going to be canceled. I made up my mind befor I went to work yesterday. I took the road bike and fully commited to riding in Jeffco with Zach B. To my surprise, the race was on, even with 1/2 inch of rain, but I stayed commited. Our ride began at 141 and 44. I have been exploring Jeffco bit by bit for the last month. I get up to High Ridge, and go down Antire hill. That hill is really fun to decend, but commands respect. Zach B. and I had a few near misses at the top of the hill. He had a Dullie breathing down our necks when we were picking up speed. Then out of no where, Fido jumps out from under a fence and through the weeds. He almost got a specialized MONDO to the rib cage. On the first big corner, I cam in super hot. Zach got off into some of the loose gravel on the side, but was able to keep it up right. Nice work. I witnessed some great bike handeling,and was glade we could continue. Up Jim Weber, and up ereka high ridge to Byrness mill. The heat was cranked, but we moved on to new ground for me. I had a rout in mind that went up a road called FRANKS. Wow, that mammer jammer is long and steep. It keeps coming at you. it was about 30 miles of riding in 2 hours. not bad. around 2000 of vertical acent.



No comments: