Friday, April 18, 2008

The beginning



This blog is about my adventures that I have from day to day. Here is a picture of me a the summit of the Grand Teton. My father and I did a single day ascent in 15hr and 15min. Not bad for our first single day try. The beer in the parking lot tasted pretty damn good afterwards. Alpine climbing has taken the back burner with the end of long vacations that school afforded me. A couple weeks per year is the most I get now. Bike racing is starting to take over. I began racing cross country MTB in september 2007, and I am hooked. I also tried my hand at cyclocross. Man is that addicting. CX is all about pain, and putting the hurt on others in yoru race.









So this picture shows how crazy these races can get. My buddy Tim caught this photo of me coming over the barriers.



This spring I have begun to race XC pretty consistantly. I tried hard to stay in shape over the winter with some spinning and cross training. We had a pretty good work out that we called Pain fests going. The objective was to get 300 reps in of various excercises that work multiple groups. It was developed by a guy named Mark Twight. Any ways that gave me a chance to start building a good base this spring. I got to realize a dream of racing for a well established local Team. MESA. These guys have helped me emensly with knowlege and motivation.

No comments: