Monday, April 28, 2008

Base Training

I did 149 miles on the road last week. This was split between 4 rides. Not alot of intensity, or sustained power. Just some spinning on the open road. I did the ghisallo group ride on Sat. with 15 extra miles afterward. I am planning on getting several more rides like this in before the Castlewood race on May 10th. I am also on for the May 18th WORS race. I will probably get a few higher intensity rides in on the trails before then, just to open the legs up. On Sunday, after my ride, I went to Forest park to watch the Crit. It really fires me up to watch these races. It is a huge scene, that makes me want to be a part of it. Maybe I will try my hand at a few of them, but I want to try a Tuesday night ride first. After that, I had some IPA's with MJ and Chris whilst we watched Liege, and an old Flanders clip. Nice top off to the weekend.

No comments: