Monday, November 9, 2009

BUBBA 6


I was actually able to finish this race with some amount of control. Bike was running great, the HR was in check along with the wind. I got to say that the course was so great for my style. There was a ton of flow to every part, and plenty of areas to keep speed. 3 laps in a group of Denny, Dan W, TK and myslef formed. Denny was the first to go off the back, then Dan. I knew this was trouble with just me and TK. He played the bell lap to perfection. Pretty much perfect timing on the jump, and I could not even bring it down to a sprint. We got a few more weeks left, I am just hoping this is not the top end of my fitness for the year.


I feel weak for bailing on the last Alton race, but shit happens, and I feld compelled to make the LV work day no matter what. There are great things happening out at Lost Valley, and St. Chuck in general. There is a proposed 1.2 miles of trail going in by December. It will be flowing contour trail with some sections of rock, but mostly hardpack that is handcrafted for flossing. That means the Luau will be freaking awesome!! RIGHT?


2 comments:

Pedal Brake Pedal by TK said...

great race, it was motivation to keep racing all the way to the line. good job.

Casey Ryback said...

Drewballs, a strict regimen of butthash might be the only answer to keeping your fitness at the top end for the rest of the season. At least, it will help numb the pain as it puts you in a state of euphoric reminiscence.