Monday, February 23, 2009







Saturday morning was cold, with some snow. I still had high motivation, but my riding partner convinced me to do our training session indoors today. The weather was not the coldest that we have ridden in, by a long shot. We have had 5 or 6 rides of smiler temp, and wind, one of which was 18 degrees for a high. I set up a pretty good room. Our goal for the month was a 5 hour ride, and he had not gotten one in yet. I was ahead of the game as I worked in on the Segul death march ride last week. That ride was bad to the bone. It should be a regular ride on Sundays.


Anyways, we watched all of the hill stages of the 2004, then 2003 tours. That killed 4 hours, and kept my mind right. The last hour we watched the Tour of Cali. 5 hours on the trainer, is the longest I have ever ridden indoors. Before today, the longest ride I had done inside was 2 hours. This was also the 2nd longest ride of 2009 for me. Besides a sore ass, the only other thing that hurt was my face. After 5 hours of towling off my face, it was raw and chapped, kind of like my ass, but there was no chamois butter.


Observations:

- Jan looked twice as strong in the 2003 tour compared to 2004

-Pure Black, tall socks are the Tech

-Saxo Banc is looking strong for this season. Frank Schleck looked super on the stage win yesterday.
-Throwing your helmet off for a climb is pro
-A Gold Chain is PRO!!! I need a gold chain!!

1 comment:

Skeet Skeet said...

Thats insaine. I have a hard time putting in 30.