Sunday, January 4, 2009

A good powder day!

The Snow field with Freshies


The North Face of the Eiger. 1800m of mixed alpine climbing.







One other thing I forgot to mention. On one of my rest days, we went on a short hike in the woods, with a pack on for a little weight. The interesting part of the day was finding these rather nice sculptures in the woods.









































Went to the Jungfrau reagion today for the last day of skiing. The website was reporting 25cm of new snow from the prior day. One of my dads friends, a Dutchman named Roger drove us down. He was familiar with the area, and helped us navigate the lifts. It was Super cold a the base, about 24 degrees. This is a good sign for light fluffy powder. My suspisions were confirmed as we rode about 4 lifts up to the top of the area. I spent the morning searching for the right place, and basicly thrashing my new skis on submerged rocks. For lunch we jamed out in sunchairs staring right into the face of Europes most notorious Norwalds. The EIGER. After a Veal sausage, and some beers, I hit a nice power area that still had a few fresh tracks. These were the best turns of the day. The snow was light, about at the top of the boot, and great for dialing in the powder tech. A fitting end for a good trip.









No comments: